The Fellows Ambassador position is a critical component of the IOP Pritzker Fellows Program. Fellows Ambassadors function as the chief liaisons for Fellows, assisting with their IOP engagements and serving as their guide to student life. In addition, it is a unique opportunity for students to benefit from mentorship from some of the most successful practitioners in politics and public service.
Fellows Ambassador Responsibilities include:
- A time commitment of four-to-six hours a week
- Assisting Fellows with preparations for their weekly seminars (e.g., conducting research, preparing PowerPoint slides, etc.)
- Arriving early to each seminar to check in guests and set up the room, and staying after the seminar to help clean up
- Running all managerial aspects of the seminar (making announcements, keeping track of time, assisting with visual aides, etc.)
- Staffing office hours for Fellows
- Publicizing and promoting the seminars each week in creative ways
- Collaborating with student groups and other Ambassadors to plan and organize Fellow events
- Organizing on-campus and off-campus activities for Fellows
- Attending weekly 30-minute meetings at the Institute of Politics
Team Leader Responsibilities include:
- A time commitment of five-to-eight hours a week
- Must have previously served as an Ambassador
- Coordinating Fellows Ambassador team activities and planning strategies to promote the Fellows seminars
- Managing office hours for Fellows
- Leading weekly 30-minute meetings for their team at the Institute of Politics
- Attending weekly Team Leader meetings at the Institute of Politics
Applications to become a Spring Quarter Fellows Ambassador will open in March 2018. Please keep an eye out on our Thursday newsletter for more information.
Please contact Ashley Jorn, Programs Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the Fellows Ambassador program.